SERVICE, REPAIRS AND CALIBRATION
Tooling is an extension of ones self and have always been one of the most crucial assets for artisans and technicians. These tools make your job possible, safe and efficient. In return, you as the user have a responsibility to protect and maintain your equipment, as maintenance and care will ensure your tooling serve you for a longer time with optimum results.
Controlled bolt fastening equipment (Torque and Tension equipment) not only require regular service and maintenance to perform at their very best, but they require frequent calibration and verification to ensure they are within the OEM design specifications.
The industry accepted guideline schedule for both service maintenance and calibration is 12 months from initial use. Due to the varied applications, environments and usage rates, contact the Titeforce Service Team for a tailored service and calibration schedule that best suits your torque or tension tool crib.
All standard OEM service kits are kept on hand to ensure a fast turnaround time getting your tooling back on site ASAP at the original OEM specifications and performance.
THE SERVICING CHECKLIST*
- External Unit & Accessory Inspection
- Zero Load Operational Testing #1
- 5 Point Output Verification Test
- Complete Unit Strip, Clean and Assessment
- Replacement of all wearable and high risk parts with OEM spares
- Unit reassembly to OEM specified tolerances
- Zero Load Operational Testing #2
- Complete Unit Calibration and Certification
- Unit testing on Simulation Joint
- Respray and replacement of all
- Identification branding
- Unit approved and moved to dispatch with the Titeforce Stamp of Quality